Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home again

Well all went well yesterday with the surgery. I arrived at 9am but after getting all preprepped and such the nurse tells us that sugery wont be till 12:00. I sent poor momma home so that we didnt just sit and stare at each other for the next two hours or so. I decided around 11 to take a snooze to take my mnd off of the unfair-ity of not being able to have anything to eat or drink! Just as I was getting all nice and fuzzy in walked Tom M. It was a ver pleasant interruption of my snooze. We tlaked for about 45 min or until they took me back to pre pre surgery...whatever that was!LOL About 12:40 I walked, yes I said walked, back to the surgery suite. It was nice and cool in there. Oh forgot to say Ive ahd to give up my teeth at this point. That was mroe bothersome than the whole thought of surgery!LOL Anyway I said goodnight to all in the room, and woke up around 2:30 or so in recovery. My first thought was did he do it lappy or was I open. I felt my tummy area to find that, whew, it wa sof the lappy kind! its sort of foggy for the next two hours but needless to say I was fully awake at about 4 or so. Then my EMi called and came up to see me after shed gotten off work. then the next thing I know? There she was. I commandeered her to hook up my bra and had mom step out. She was ok with it too. I managed to dress myselfand fof we went. I sent Emi after pain meds and mom got me home. It was raining pretty had too. So I settled in and fell right asleep! Woke up about 8:15 and had some chicken noodle soup. I was getting pretty sore in my belly parts so I took my meds for the night and crashed about an hour later. Slept pretty good until I had to cough. Now that wasnt fun at all! But still way better than being in the hosp. Got up again around 4am for more pain meds took some deep breaths coughed alittle more. Woke to the ohone ringing at a little after 7. It was Glenna calling to check on me. Ike gave her a nice report but I was pretty much up after that.Im much more comfortable sitting than laying, so Ive had a little coffee and talked to AManda mom and made an appt for next Wed to see Dr G again. So now Im a wastin some time on the internet, but will prob lay back down about 2 or so...thanks for looking after me God. It was mighty gracious of you!

No comments: