Monday, July 23, 2007

home again home again jiggity jig

Yes we mede it to and from Chicago in one piece and didnt get lost! Yet poor Ike was as nervous as all get out!! He kept saying "you can have this Chicago traffic!"LOL We got there on Friday a bit later than we wanted to.Got up bright and early on Friday and were going to head to Amandas about 8:30. Well she calls about 7:45 and say guess what? we all just woke up! Olivia came down with a cold on Thursday so shed had a bad night. We didnt leave until 10:30 and arrived at the Hotel around 3pm. Just in time for she and Emily to turn around and leave for the rehearsal. We hung out Friday evening but I was in bed asleep by 8:3 0. Saturday was a busy day. Amanda and I almost drove to Wisc before we realized we somehow driven past the barn! Yes the wedding was in a barn. Once I fugure out how to post a pic Ill share them as part of the blog challenge for the week by KatieJ! Olivia was a real trooper and as long as Paw paw and daddy were near her she was fine! She much prefers male ompany to female. Annnywaaaay, we helped decxorate the barn and headed back to the hotel about 1pm. They had to be in Terrys room for pics by 2:30, so They had to hustle!The n it was off to the wedding about 4:30. Ike looked so handsome in his suit. The actual wedding was outside and we couldnt have asked for better weather. Sunny and about 76 degrees. I got some great shots of the whole thing. Reception was great! Good food and lots of CRAZY dancing by the young people! Im sure they all learned how to dance in thier basement! But it was good fun! WE went back to the hotel around 10:30 after a call from Dan that olivia was screaming and wanted her mom! I slept till 9 on Sunday morning. we ate breakfast at the hotel and went up to Terrys room to watch them open a few gifts. Left about 1pm ate and then hit the road for some serious heading back home!! Only one stop for us in Ottowa and we got home about 5:30. Now its Monday and Im trying to do as little as possible! Im going to call my sister Terry in a bit and see how their drive home went! Of course all my happy mail came while I was gone but it was fun to open it when I got back. Kidna weird in a side note, I rec'd my Sept issue of CK mag?? Will I get Dec in Oct??? HOpe not!! They owe me a few issues too btw! Like april may and July! I ot June issue about a week ago?? someone has their months mixed up! Well Im off for nwo. Lots of BB reading to do!

No comments: